Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Growing things

This past weekend I was out of town again. And this coming weekend will be my fourth not-at-home weekend in a row. No relaxing at home on the weekends, and no relaxing weeknights after work because we're too busy trying to do all the errands and chores we usually fit in on the weekends. I am exhausted. Apparently I really, really need that time to recharge or I start to have trouble fully functioning.

All of which is to say that I haven't been making anything. Not even real food. Homemade has not been happening this week.

little container garden

But before we left last weekend I did manage to finally plant my little container garden! This is the first time we've had any real outdoor space, so even though it's just a small concrete patio, I had to try to grow some veggies. It's not much, but I don't know what I'm doing, so keeping it small is probably for the best.

tomato plant

I'm so excited! Now I just hope I manage to not kill it all. Because that would not be entirely surprising.

No comments: