Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Off the needles!

I finished my first knitting project!

slouchy cowl

I keep calling it a scarf, but I guess it is a "slouchy cowl" (or so says the pattern, anyway).

Once I got the hang of it, knitting was quite fun. And I love the seed stitch pattern...aren't all the little bumps lovely?

slouchy cowl

The yarn was Misti Alpaca Chunky, which is amazingly soft. Plus, I love how chunky yarn on big needles (size 17) knits up so quickly.

Knitting is just so freakin' cool. I mean, I poked some yarn around on some sticks and it turned into fabric. How awesome is that? So awesome.

slouchy cowl

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Definitely awesome! I wish I knew how to knit, but I lack the patience and a teacher. The cowl/scarf looks wonderfully cozy!

jen said...

it IS awesome! i love knitting. i just stumbled across this pattern on ravelry. i want to make a cowl for a friend (for xmas) out of the lovely misti alpaca, and this is what i'm going to make! yours came out great!