Monday, August 23, 2010

By the fire

I miss the weekend already. Sigh.

quesadilla

quesadilla

toasting marshmallows

s'mores

One of the very best things about the house vs. our old apartments is having our own outdoor space. It is so nice. Especially on a lovely (reasonably cool) summer evening. Delightful.

We cooked dinner outside here for the first time. We need some practice. It was tasty, but we made a bit of a mess with a couple of the quesadillas (refried beans, corn, zucchini, tomatoes, cheese, yum!). Fire is hot, don't you know, and that can char a tortilla pretty darn quickly. Live and learn. Dessert is easy though. What is the point of having a fire if you aren't going to toast marshmallows? I don't even like marshmallows, but I love toasting them. Lucky for me, Adam loves s'mores and is happy to let me take care of the marshmallows for them. Then I nibble on the chocolate. Everybody wins.

No comments: