Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Blueberries and other things

I came home from the farmers market Saturday with a whole lot of blueberries. So we had blueberry pancakes for dinner on Sunday. And Monday night I made Blueberry Boy Bait. This leaves me with plenty of blueberries to make something else, but what? Muffins? Too many blueberries is an excellent problem to have.

Blueberry Boy Bait

But back to the Blueberry Boy Bait. I had heard of this a few years ago, somewhere out there in blogland, but I made it for the first time last night using the recipe from The America's Test Kitchen Family Baking Book. (This version at Smitten Kitchen appears to be pretty much the same deal. Also read the cute little story about the recipe's name/origin.) Verdict: Yum! Adam has requested that it make further appearances. So that's a winner.

Blueberry Boy Bait

Also, looking at the photos above reminds me that being back at work full time leads to nearly all photos being taken with totally crap lighting. This will only get worse as fall and winter come. Sigh.

For some reason my radishes have all been scraggly and tough and often inedible this year, which is extra lame because aren't they supposed to be like the easiest thing ever to grow? Boo. I've been getting plenty of carrots at least, but lots of them are a bit on the mutant side. Isn't that an odd-looking carrot? Still tasty, though.

mutant

And this is was the biggest, most bright-green caterpillar I've ever seen. It was just hanging out by the front door one evening.

big guy

The end.

No comments: