Monday, December 19, 2011

The Mermaiden

I always think I'm going to make things for Christmas (gifts, decorations, cards, etc.). It will be fantastic, the things will be beautiful, I will feel all accomplished, and so on. Of course, this rarely works out as envisioned (see this post over at Made By Rae, which pretty much describes my issues exactly).

The Mermaiden

I did manage to make one thing this year: the Mermaiden! I've had the Wee Wonderfuls book since, I think, September. I've been planning which delightful dolls to make for Adelaide, but this is the first project I've actually managed to do.

She's a wee little mermaid for a wee little girl. And I think she's pretty cute, if I do say so myself.

The Mermaiden

I had to do the fin differently than instructed, though it was entirely due to my own areas of weakness and inability, not the instructions or pattern. I just don't hand sew well at all. And I also usually hate trying it, which doesn't help. Also, the decorative machine stitching just wasn't working out for me. So I gave up and formulated my own plan, which worked fine for me and made me happy.

The Mermaiden

I wish I had been able to make more of these projects by now, because there are so many cuties. I hope to get moving on some more of them this winter, once we settle in to the slower pace of January and February.

No comments: