Saturday, July 28, 2012

Pesto!

Okay...I thought I had published this post, oh, two weeks ago or so. But I logged on today to finally post again and saw this still sitting here as a draft. But it also says published 7/28. But it didn't show up on the homepage when I checked. But somehow I had already linked to it on flickr. Huh. So, possibly delayed, possibly not, here's some pesto.

Our basil is going bonkers this year, which is awesome. I am making pesto.

Pesto!

Basil-Walnut Pesto

Ingredients

2 ounces parmesan cheese, grated
1/2 cup walnuts
2 large garlic cloves
2 cups basil leaves
1/2-3/4 cup olive oil
1/4 teaspoon salt
pepper to taste

Directions

I make this in a small Cuisinart processor, so these directions are for that. But if you're not using such a thing, just chop and mix and stir. Start with the grated cheese and the walnuts in the processor and grind until well chopped/combined. Add basil, garlic, oil, salt and pepper. Alternate between the grind and slice buttons a few seconds at a time until the  mixture comes together.

No comments: