Tuesday, April 23, 2013

KCW: In Progress

I love Kids Clothes Week, but I usually end up planning to do way too much only to get frustrated and crunched for time and maybe, if I'm lucky, completing one thing. Well, KCW Spring 2013 is upon us, and this time I have promised to make it easy. I have one project I expect to complete and one that I will do if I have time. And I traced my pattern and cut my fabric ahead of time, because that always takes way longer than I think it will. Setting myself up for success, I am.

Right now I am in the midst of project number one: pajamas.

Remember these pajamas? I started them for Kids Clothes Week last fall, struggled, gave up, came back to them months later, and finally ended up with usable if somewhat wonky pajamas for the kiddo. You know, just part of that special relationship I have with knits.

But, for this KCW, I am getting back on the sewing-with-knits horse. Same pattern, better fabric, (foolishly?) high hopes.

I found this knit at JoAnn's a few weeks ago, described on the bolt sticker as "legging knit," and picked it up with this project in mind. It's thicker than the waffle knit I used last time, and it bounces back better when stretched. Honestly, I don't know that much about fabric and the right words to use and all that, but this stuff seems really nice and soft and stretchy, but still sturdy. So far the sewing is going much better than last time, and I think the fabric choice has a lot to do with that.

 

No comments: