Saturday, March 21, 2009

Backup plan

Well, I've been working on a shirt that I hoped to post today, the plain button-up shirt from Wendy Mullin's Sew U. But it isn't quite finished yet after all. I still have to sew the buttons on. So here are the other projects I've made from that book. Skirts. Plain A-line skirts. They were the first two articles of clothing I made (the shirt I'm working on now is only the third). It's a great pattern, and I love making them because they are so simple.

Here is the first one I made. Nice wrinkles, eh?
green a-line skirt

And here is the second one.
blue a-line skirt

And (gratuitous travel shot ahead) here it is in action.
blue a-line skirt in spain
That was our trip to Spain last fall, by the way. Which was pretty cool. This is in the royal palace in Sevilla. Gorgeous.

No comments: