Monday, March 30, 2009

Canned stuff

So, I was down at my parents' house this weekend. There was a wedding to go to. Everything was lovely, the cake was delicious, and I only took one absolutely spectacular fall down the steps at the reception. Very nice.

As a result, I accomplished nothing over the weekend. Unless eating counts. Because I ate a ton.

But I came home with goods from my dad's 2008 fall canning spree! Yay! We've got two varieties of spiced pears, some applebutter, and--saving the best for last--a jar of sweet pickles!

canning

One of these days I'm going to learn how to can things. We all used to help out with all the canning--mostly of pickles--when we were kids, but, at least in my case, the instructions didn't really take. I remember washing cucumbers, I remember a hot kitchen permeated with the scent of vinegar, and I remember eating the delicious results. And that's about it.

No comments: