Monday, June 15, 2009

Sweet, sweet weekend

Oh, this weekend was so good! It has been forever since we've had a weekend at home free for puttering about, so this weekend seemed so long in the very best way.

Friday was homemade pizza and a DVD.

Lunchbox Brownies

And Saturday morning saw some brownie making. These are the Lunchbox Brownies from The America's Test Kitchen Family Baking Book. I did the optional cream cheese swirl thing because I had a block of cream cheese in the fridge nearing its expiration date. These were pretty easy and pretty good, but I was just happy that for the first time in my life I made brownies that actually turned out to be edible. My expectations for brownie success were pretty low is what I'm saying. Brownies had kind of seemed like my kryptonite there for a while. (And I just ate a brownie for breakfast. For the second day in a row. Don't tell.)

Then there was a trip to the library, a long walk, and a tasty lunch out.

Saturday night we were actually out and about!

greens and mushrooms

And Sunday we were finally able to go to the farmers market, which is something I really love doing. A boatload of greens and some portabello mushrooms.

Then we had a very successful afternoon shopping excursion. (I found clothes I liked! On sale! And everything I tried on was a success! Woohoo!)

watering can and minigarden

And some gardening, inside flowers and outside veggies. (Plus my new watering can, which I love!)

new flowers

And I actually have today off, so the awesomeness continues!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Sisters Twain just oooo'ed in unison (at the brownies).