Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Pumpkin muffins!

I was able to get my hands on some canned pumpkin this weekend, so last night I found some time to make these pumpkin muffins.

pumpkin muffins

I will definitely be making these again. They were really easy. And I really like the crumb of these muffins. Just enough chew, not overly moist. (For some reason, the last few pumpkin bread/muffin items I've tasted have been blech with overmoistness.) The flavor is very nice and mild, and the nuts add some nice depth. Tastes like fall!

My tweaks: I used 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon instead of 1/4 teaspoon. I used nearly 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg instead of 1/4 teaspoon. And I only put pecans in half of the muffins.

In other news: I have new eyeglasses! The world is all shiny and bright and crisp around the edges!

No comments: