Sunday, December 6, 2009

Buckwheat! Tabbouleh! Highly recommended!

A few months ago, I picked up some buckwheat groats from the store. Nevermind that I had no idea what I could actually do with the buckwheat groats, the darn bulk bins in Whole Foods always seduce me.

So I've been sitting on these things all fall, waiting for a recipe to fall from the sky. And the other day it did! Well, it fell into my RSS feed reader. Buckwheat tabbouleh! I found this recipe via this blog, so I made it for dinner last night.

Buckwheat Tabbouleh

My changes were minimal. I used flat leaf parsley, not curley. I added an extra clove of garlic, but that was probably a mistake. And I left out the agave nectar entirely (we didn't have any and we didn't miss it at all). Next time I'd also use a little less olive oil. I'm thinking a half cup would do fine.

We just took tortillas (we didn't have pita bread, but that would have been good too), spread them with hummus, filled them with buckwheat tabbouleh, and wolfed them down. It was a winner. We will definitely be repeating this dish.

No comments: