Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Things and such

We picnicked on the Millenium Park lawn for the free She and Him concert last night, and much fun was had by all. Such catchy tunes with a bit of an old-timey feel, plus how could one not love Zooey Deschanel? And there were lots of people dancing in the crowd, including a few high school girls who looked like they were maybe having the best time ever. Fun, fun, fun. And the weather cooperated wonderfully.

I'm telling you this to distract you from the fact that I still haven't finished the dress I'm working on. I'm making progress, but not quickly. I just haven't been in much of a sewing mood lately. But you know who has been in a sewing mood lately? Everyone who submitted an apron for the latest Tie One On theme, Alice in Wonderland. I didn't enter this time, but there's a bunch of very sweet stuff in the gallery, so take a look. Yes, that is another attempt to distract you.

And here's another attempt: Stuff I like on the internet!

This quilt is really great (both the look and the sentiment). Remind me why I haven't tried making a quilt yet? Oh, right. The amount of work involved.

This sciencey stitchery is super awesome. I want some. [via Craftzine]

And I really want this nightgown, too. Well, not this exact nightgown, given that it is supposed to be for a smallish child. But something quite like it. I would feel deliciously old fashioned, and it would be delightful.

1 comment:

annette said...

The nightgown is very sweet - I had admired it the other day too. Sometimes enough looking around and the itch to sew magically reappears.