Sunday, March 13, 2011

Dinner

I have a huge file of recipes to try. Ok, two huge files: one actual file folder of paper print-outs, tear-outs, and handwritten things that lives with the cookbooks; one long, long list of saved links in my RSS feed reader. And it has been awhile since I've tried any of those recipes for dinner. For some reason, it's easier to fit new baked goods into the schedule.

dinner!

But last night I did it! We feasted on Spaghetti with Lemon and Olive Oil with a side of Garlicky Mushrooms and Kale. Both were good. I was especially fond of the Garlicky Mushrooms and Kale, but I am a sucker for garlic, mushrooms, and kale, so that is no surprise. Both were fairly easy to make. And I followed the recipes to the letter (for the spaghetti I used the full 1/2 cup of lemon juice and the basil option rather than the arugula, though next time I'd like to try the arugula).

lemon spaghetti

And since the spaghetti makes four big servings, we get another night of dinner out of the leftovers! The kale was supposed to be four servings as well, but I'd say it's more like 3. Or maybe my bunch of kale wasn't quite a pound. Which is a distinct possibility.

garlicky mushrooms and kale

Anyway...verdict: yum!

No comments: