Monday, May 11, 2009

Strawberry-Shortcake Cookies

This weekend really flew by--but not without some cookies! These are the Strawberry-Shortcake Cookies from the most recent issue of Martha Stewart Living (June 2009).

strawberries and cream

I knew immediately that I had to make these because Adam loves strawberries, and I love...well, I love baked goods and sugar and excuses to make and/or eat said items.

Strawberry-Shortcake Cookies (dough)

They were very easy to make and require relatively few ingredients, so right off the bat I was pretty happy with the recipe! Actually, the most tedious part was dicing the strawberries. I am not that great with a knife. They also smell completely mouthwatering while baking.

Strawberry-Shortcake Cookies

Straight out of the oven, they are quite yummy. Soft, sweet, strawberry-ish. Mmmm. But they really mean it when they say at the end of the recipe that these are best served fresh. Monday night (slightly less than 24 hours after baking) they still tasted good, but they were a bit sticky and spongy to the touch. They're actually more muffin-like than cookie-like, I think, except for the shape. They'd be really, really good served warm with (or after) a nice brunch.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These look really good. Like soft muffin tops! Yum.