Friday, May 8, 2009

A summer shirt!

I really like this shirt.

striped summer shirt

It is from this tutorial on Sew Mama Sew (which was a really good, easy to follow tutorial, by the way--you should try it). I left off the ruffles and pockets, and I followed the optional contouring step given in the tutorial. Also, I did not use a blind hem for the bottom. I just folded the bottom up 1/4 inch, then 1/4 inch again and straight stitched it. Because I am lazy. And afraid of "special" stitches.

striped summer shirt

I found this stripey seersucker at JoAnn's a while back and bought a couple yards with no project in mind. This shirt was a great way to use some of that up. I think it will be great on really hot summer days.

striped summer shirt (back detail)

This photo shoot, however, was not a hot summer day! I'm trying to get better photos, so starting with the prairie skirt, we've been going outside in the sunshine since our apartment doesn't get a lot of natural light. (Thanks to Adam, by the way, for being my photographer. It's nice to have a husband who doesn't mind looking like a total dork with me staging a little photo shoot out on the front walk after work!) Anyway, we missed all the nice 75-degree weather and had to photograph the shirt yesterday when it was 60 out. See that blue sweatshirt by the steps? Yeah, I am a baby, so I was freezing!

No comments: