Monday, August 10, 2009

Cream-Filled Chocolate Sandwiches

These are the Cream-Filled Chocolate Sandwiches from Martha Stewart's Cookies. I made them in celebration of my sisters' visit this past weekend. I felt as though they needed to be welcomed with baked goods. Unfortunately they were also welcomed by a sister with an ongoing and rather severe allergic reaction to some eye cream, a condition that somewhat hampered our weekend's activities. But that is kind of gross, so let's get back to the cookies.

Cream-Filled Chocolate Sandwiches

These are, if I recall correctly, in the "Chewy" section of the book, but I think I cooked them too long or something, because they are quite crunchy. And I made them too thick. And being as thick and crunchy as they are makes them a bit tricky to eat. There are a whole lot of chocolate crumbs in my couch's cracks-between-the-cushions right now. And on my shirt.

They taste pretty good, though. Especially the filling. So I will probably give them another go sometime in the future.

No comments: