Saturday, September 26, 2009

Saturday

It has been a gray, brisk day here. I've been feeling ready for some real fall weather, so I'm rather glad.

Flaxseed Banana Bread

It was a good day for banana bread. This is the Flaxseed Banana Bread recipe from Moosewood Restaurant New Classics. I really love its flavor and heft. I also like it because the flaxseed and oatmeal make it seem good for me. I like it when I can pretend baked goods are good for me.

favorite socks

The chilly weather also meant I could break out my favorite socks again! We watched a western last night, which made me think of Deadwood, which made me want to wear my long, stripey, Deadwood-inspired socks. So I was grateful that the weather played along.

cat toy

Plus: cat toy! Why do people buy cat toys? A piece of string (or in this case, packaging twine) on a yardstick keeps this cat just as enthralled as junk stuffed with catnip. And catnip makes her act a bit too freaky after, so I prefer this.

No comments: