Thursday, November 5, 2009

Bits and pieces

I have been sewing Adam's shirt, but I don't have anything to show for it yet. And I've been cooking, but it hasn't been anything new. So I will present you with some other stuff.

The Bureau of Communication is supercool [found via the link in Angry Chicken's sidebar]. I am a sucker for official-looking forms as a method of communication. I really want some stationery in the same mold.

I want to take up knitting, but I don't think I'll find the time to start until after the holidays. If ever. I've been saying that I want to take up knitting for at least two years now and have managed to make zero moves in that direction.

And after seeing this I want to make my own wood buttons! So cool! I love it when people make stuff that I usually think of as things you have to buy. Buttons fall into this category for me. Oh yeah, and the brown sugar I want to make but still haven't. Must get on that.

And I want to make homemade Twix bars. I bought mini Twix and Snickers to hand out on Halloween, but no kids came around, so we ate them all. Which reminded me that Twix are awesome. And it's just some cookie, some caramel, and some chocolate, which should be doable, right? Not that I'll get to it any time in the near future (see above regarding knitting and brown sugar).

And that's all I've got. I know this post totally violates the "must have photo!" rule of craft/food/sewing/etc. blogs everywhere, but that's how I roll. Rules were made to be broken*. Rebel, rebel.

*I actually hate that phrase because no, they weren't. Which is not to say that they shouldn't be broken. But enough. The end.

No comments: