Thursday, December 17, 2009

Cards!

I had a heck of a time trying to photograph these. Our apartment gets very little natural light, especially in the winter, especially during hours when I am not at the office. Sigh.

But, moving on ... Cards!

2009.12.17--Christmas cards-1.2

I decided to make our Christmas cards for the first time.

2009.12.17--Christmas cards-1.3

I drew up a little design, cut it out of some Christmasy fabric, and used spray adhesive to attach it to the cards. Then I used my handy-dandy alphabet stamps to print the message inside. It ended up being more time consuming than I had estimated.  And that adhesive has a wider spray radius than you might think. I'm pretty sure the odd grainy texture I recently noticed on the face of my mobile phone is a result of some adhesive overspray. Oops. But I declare it an overall success!

2009.12.17--Christmas cards-1.4

And! I have coordinating envelopes and labels! Woohoo!

Christmas cards

All the paper products (cards, envelopes, labels) are from Paper-Source. I love that place. All the sizes! All the colors! I was there for nearly an hour just picking out my four stinkin' items. The fabric is, I don't know, something from JoAnn.

In other holiday news, I'm still working on Christmas gifts. Should I be worried that I am not yet 50% finished with the making I hope to accomplish and have only one week in which to finish? Ah, well, soldier on.

3 comments:

Liz said...

we received one of your cards and indeed it is very nice! Thank you so much for taking the time! I'm sorry that I probably won't get anything off this year once again! Please love me anyway!
Mom

Sarah said...

I'll make you a deal: Make some of your caramels for when I'm home for Christmas and I'll forget about the lack of a card. ;)

Kristena said...

These are so cute!!! So you just used an adhesive spray? I never would have thought of that.