Thursday, January 14, 2010

Homemade gifts, part V

Okay, I promise that this is the last one of these Christmas updates...

For my sister Rachel, a painting.

name painting for Rachel

I made one of these for myself years ago and have made several more since then. I think they're really fun to make because half the work is just mixing up different pretty colors, which I love.

I just draw out the name freehand with a pencil directly onto the blank canvas. Then I do the background color, saving some of the color I've mixed for any touch-ups that might be needed at the end. Then it's letter-painting fun time!

I use acrylic paints, which dry really quickly, so this is an easy project to get done in half a day or so. And did I mention fun?

These are the first two I did (one for me, one for my other sister). Mine is pretty sloppy! I've done a couple for my nieces that I really like, but you'll have to take my word on their awesomeness. I know you believe me.

No comments: