Tuesday, February 2, 2010

I'm really getting into lentils

I made another lentil dish for dinner last night. But I didn't take any pictures of it because, as we've learned, my cooked-lentil photographs are not pretty. Now, this is not fancy, blow-your-mind food. This is quick and easy food. This is I'm-tired-and-starving-but-I-don't-want-to-cook-one-of-those-Knorr-Lipton-noodle-pack-things-because-I-suspect-they-are-filled-with-creepy-chemicals food. But it is tasty.

lentils

Easy Lentils

Ingredients
2 or 3 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 medium onion, chopped
3 medium cloves garlic, minced
1 cup lentils
2 cups water
1 teaspoon salt
3 teaspoons dried thyme
1/2 cup grated parmesan

Directions
Heat olive oil in a medium saucepan. Saute onions and garlic until soft, about 5 minutes.

Add lentils, water, salt, and thyme. Bring to a boil. Simmer covered over low heat for 20 to 25 minutes (lentils should be cooked). Uncover and simmer until excess liquid is gone, up to 5 minutes.

Remove pan from heat and stir in parmesan. Serve hot.

No comments: