Monday, February 8, 2010

So much food!

It was the Super Bowl this weekend, which meant a major spread of food over here.

A few of the recipes from this year:

Parmesan Cream Crackers. These were really easy and pretty good. I have a thing for making crackers, but sometimes there is too much fuss involved. Not for these. I sprinkled the tops of mine with freshly ground pepper.

Parmesan Cream Crackers

Pretzel Bites (based on this pretzel recipe). These made me cry. And not tears of joy. In the end, they turned out totally edible, but not at all what I was going for (much more crunchy-bagged-pretzel-like, much less soft-chewy-street-pretzel-like). And the boiling. Dear lord, that did not go well.

Pretzel Bites

Easy Oreo Truffles. These are kind of trashy, really (it's just Oreos, cream cheese, and chocolate chips), but they were a big hit. I've had this recipe saved for years, but this was the first time I actually tried them. Easy and delicious.

Oreo Truffles

In other news: I didn't have to work today, and it was pretty much the best day ever. The only productive thing I accomplished was doing one load of laundry. I got out of bed at 10:45, then went straight to the couch to watch movies and eat cookies and Oreo truffles for breakfast. And the rest of the day continued in the same vein. Awesome.

1 comment:

Chiot's Run said...

Love those crackers - must make soon. When I saw them on SmittenKitchen I so wanted to make them. Haven't gotten around to it yet.

I too made pretzels for Superbowl, but I made pretzel dogs, hotdogs wrapped in soft pretzel dough. Good, but that boiling is quite a mess. I even did mine in my huge tall stockpot. Since I've made pretzels & bagels before I knew it would be quite a mess.

here's the photos of the pretzel dogs: http://chiotsrun.com/2010/02/08/superbowl-food-or-football/