Sunday, March 7, 2010

In my brain lately

Sometime last month, Adam and I visited the Art Institute. It's tough to try to see everything every time, so we always break off a few manageable chunks of museum to look at each visit. This visit we spent some time with the American folk art collection. It's not huge (not at all), but we both thought it was very cool. So I went to the library and checked out a bunch of books on American folk art and have been paging through them for the last few weeks. I've primarily been drawn to the cross-stitch and embroidery samplers and the landscape paintings. So good. I have grand sampler-stitching and landscape-painting plans dancing around in my head, but there's a whole bunch of stuff in idea queue right now, so we'll see how long it takes to spit something out. I'm guessing quite some time.

So, for your pleasure, here are a few extremely poor photos of some of the images that have been inspiring me lately. (You can click the collage to see a bigger version.)

No comments: