Wednesday, February 9, 2011

A few crumbs

Snickerdoodle blondies! All the yum of snickerdoodles, even less effort! I made these this weekend and they were a hit. A note about the recipe, though: "Pour dough – it will be thick – into prepared baking dish and smooth it into an even layer" really threw me. My dough was thick like regular snickerdoodle dough. So there was no pouring or smoothing to be had. I was worried that I'd mismeasured something, but I went ahead and just pressed the dough into the pan. It turned out great, so don't worry if you run into the same thing.

Also made/eaten this weekend: The buckwheat tabbouleh I've posted about before. It is really good. You should try it.

A guy at work brought in cupcakes today, which was soooo nice and really took the edge off this morning after the below-zero-windchill walk to work. They were from Crumbs, and they were good. And huge. I have seriously never eaten a bigger cupcake. (Good as the Crumbs cupcake was, though, Sugar Bliss is still my fave.) And speaking of cupcakes in the Loop, I often pass The Cupcake Counter on my walk to work but have yet to give in to temptation. So, anyone been there? Reviews? (Does anyone from the area even read this thing? Perhaps not.) Three cupcake places in such close proximity to the office is a dangerous thing. It is probably for the best that I'm usually too lazy to go all the way down on the elevator and outside to get something during my lunch hour.

No comments: