Monday, February 28, 2011

It's a bib!

it's a bib

I have not been checking off many projects on my sewing-for-baby list, have I? I finished up a few more reusable wipes the other day. And I made this bib. And that's been pretty much it lately. I can't quite wrap my head around the idea that this is the third trimester, and when this little time period is up, there is going to be an actual baby. Here. Living with us. For real. I mean, I'm excited - so, so, so excited and happy - but it just doesn't feel quite real yet. Put that together with the other to-do list (house and yard projects, researching and buying baby stuff, blah, blah, blah), the fact that I have been sick this winter so much more than usual (I'm home sick from work right now, in fact), and my attempts to thoroughly soak up all the last of the just-me-and-Adam time we'll have for a longish while, and it adds up to not a lot of sewing going on.

it's a bib

Anyway, back to the bib. It's another one of these from Amy Karol's Bend-the-Rules Sewing. I actually still have the one in that old post. I decided my top-stitching around the tight curves was too wonky to give as a gift. I did a bit better this time, but darn is that curve around the snaps tough! Otherwise it's a really nice, simple thing to make, though.

it's a bib

And I love this fabric. I still have a goodly amount of it hanging around after this bag and the latest bib, so I think I'll use some of it to crank out a few more bibs. Looking at this bib actually makes me want to get working on the rest of that sewing-for-baby list right away! If only I could keep my eyes open and stop sneezing!

1 comment:

annette said...

I love the print - it is so cheerful, and the shape looks very functional. I hope you feel better soon!