Saturday, March 5, 2011

Simple soup for the sick

I threw this together the other day in an attempt to cure my sniffles. Actually, just simmering it on the stove seemed to help clear up my head. Drinking it was nice too.

simple soup

It'd fill one big mug or two normal-sized mugs.

Simple Soup for the Sick

Ingredients
1 teaspoon olive oil
3 scallions, sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
1 teaspoon grated ginger (fresh or from a jar)
2 cups vegetarian chicken broth*
1/8 teaspoon (or to taste) cayenne powder

Directions
Heat the olive oil in a small pan. Saute the scallions, garlic and ginger for about 5 minutes. Add broth and cayenne powder. Bring to a boil. Simmer on low heat 10 to 15 minutes.

*Or you can use actual chicken stock, obviously. I do not. I like using the Better Than Bullion vegetarian chicken variety.

1 comment:

annette said...

I hope you feel better soon - 4 days is too long to have a cold when you are pregnant! When I was pregnant with Ari if I had sneezed I probably would have exploded.