Thursday, July 7, 2011

A blanket for the baby

First, let me suck you in with a photo of The Most Adorable Baby Ever. It's probably in poor taste to say that about one's own kid over and over again, but that's too bad. Because I'm saying it.

a blanket for the baby

As Adelaide has become better at napping, I've managed to find a little time in my days to get back into the sewing room. It has been so nice, and more relaxing than I had remembered. It feels so good to carve out a little me time again.

The first project I decided to tackle is one from the pre-baby to-do list. Like so, so many things on that list, I did not manage to get to it in the actual pre-baby period. It's a super simple blanket for playtime outside (this kid already seems to love being outside) or on the floor (this she is less fond of). No pattern, just a bunch of 13-inch squares sewn up with a half-inch seam allowance. And some batting sandwiched in there too, of course.

a blanket for the baby
a blanket for the baby

The minimalist quilting is just a few machine-stitched crosses in the seams (or, rather, near the seams, as I seem not to be that great at the whole "stitch in the ditch" concept).

a blanket for the baby

And now some more cute baby. You're welcome.

a blanket for the baby
a blanket for the baby

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you are back at it again. I have very much missed your regular postings! And yes, she is a very cute baby...but then what would you expect to hear from her grandma!

annette said...

I happy to hear she is napping better and that you are getting back to doing fun things in between!