Tuesday, July 12, 2011

A pillow

We're still working on decorating Adelaide's room. We had it painted and furnished before she was born, but we didn't have blinds or anything up on the walls. Then we got the blinds up and gathered some stuff to put on the walls, but a storm put a chunk of tree through the ceiling. Now that the ceiling is fixed, we're finally putting stuff up on the walls, and I'm working on sewing a few things for the room. Not that she cares. She doesn't even sleep in there yet. At this point, it's pretty much just the room in which we change her diapers.

First up, a pillow for the rocking chair.

a pillow

I was feeling extra thrifty, so I started with an old, gross throw pillow that matched a chair we no longer own. I cut the stuffing out and used it and some old muslin to make a new pillow form. The pillow form kind of looks like a mess, but who cares, because it's going to be covered up anyway. At least it is mostly square.

So I sewed up a little envelope-backed pillowcase (like this one! my very first blog post!) and ta da! Decor!

a pillow

And let me just confess here my utter love of ticking stripe fabric. I adore it. I wish I could use it for everything - clothes, bags, furniture, bedding - but that would look weird. But I bought a ton of this red ticking stripe to use in Adelaide's room, so I'm sure you'll be seeing more of it soon.

a pillow

No comments: