Monday, July 4, 2011

Back in the swing of things

Guess what y'all? I've been sewing! I know. You didn't think it would ever happen again. But it has. And I hope to have something to show you soon.

Also, I've been getting into the kitchen more. Well, I'd been getting in to the kitchen plenty, but I was coming out with peanut butter sandwiches or a bowl of chocolate chips or plates on which to put the carry-out or delivery. But lately I've been making homemade pizza! And baking cookies! And muffins! Hooray!

back in the swing of things

I decided it was time to try a new blueberry muffin recipe. This one is very, very yummy, but I wanted bigger muffins, ones that actually reached the top of the muffin tin, at least. So I turned to one of my very favorite cookbooks, The America's Test Kitchen Family Baking Book, and used their plain muffin recipe, with the additions of a cup and a half of fresh blueberries and a teaspoon of cinnamon. They are very good. And nicely sized. So these may be the new go-to muffins around here. Hooray!

back in the swing of things

1 comment:

Kat said...

Yum! They look delicious. I love blueberry muffins but I haven't made them in ages. I might have to pick up some blueberries when I go grocery shopping tonight.