Thursday, October 4, 2012

More apples

After using about 40 pounds of the apples for the applesauce adventure, I was left with about 10 pounds for non-sauce purposes. Non-sauce purposes = pie.

more apples

A few pounds were immediately turned into this pie. It was tasty, but tasty just like my usual apple pie. The extra step of a sugary-buttery layer under the bottom crust didn't seem to add much. Well, except extra tricky stuck-to-the-pan issues while serving. In my estimation, a nice idea, but not really worth it. Maybe drizzling some sort of caramel sauce over the top of an everyday apple pie would work? Hmmm.

more apples

The remaining apples were peeled, cored, sliced, and cooked for a little bit with some cinnamon and sugar, and they are now waiting patiently (I assume) in the freezer to become pies sometime later this fall/winter.

1 comment:

Meryl said...

Mmmm...wish I could have a piece of that for a late night snack right now!