Friday, January 29, 2010

Pity party. Followed by a couple of other things.

One of those days totally turned into one of those weeks.

I am not getting much done in the crafting/sewing department. Either things go awry (sewing) or things go well but take me f-o-r-e-v-e-r (knitting) or the ideas never quite make it out of my head (all other arts and crafts in which I am very much interested).

Even food has not been working out well for me. I made a frittatta the other night but somehow ended up without enough egg or too much green stuff or something and had to whisk and add an emergency fifth egg to what was already cooking in the pan. (It ended up fine, thank goodness, because I definitely did not have a dinner backup plan.)

And then I tried to make caramel pudding last night. The results were, shall we say, less than ideal. The cloyingly sweet and overly gelatinous results were, I am 100% sure, my fault, not the recipe's. I think I way under-carmelized the sugar because I was too afraid of burning it. And I think I also added too much cornstarch because I couldn't remember if I'd added five or six tablespoons, so I just went ahead and added another. And I think I also cooked it for too long in step two. Great. I took photos, but you don't really need to see them. The gelatinous factor is visually unappealing.

Geez. Will I just stop complaining already? Why, yes. Yes, I will. And as a reward for your patience, I will tell you about some things that are making me happy today.

1. I want this dress. Which means I must acquire the pattern and sew it. Must!

2. I am going to make ice cream. That will be good. And I might even make some sauce with which to top it. But that part is more iffy.

3. I think that I've figured out what is wrong with my sewing maching: nothing. I probably just need to change the stupid needle and adjust the tension. (At least I hope that's what is wrong with it! I fiddled around with the tension before Christmas and never fiddled it back to normal, and I haven't changed my needle since...?)

4. I would like to live in a house just like this. Make it happen, please.

5. And this is really the most important thing on the list. It's the weekend! Finally! The weekend!

No comments: