Tuesday, July 20, 2010

A perfect solo dinner

I was planning on giving you something a little better than this, but I got home from work late and then was all caught up in a camera battery fiasco (don't worry, problem solved now), and next thing you know, this is what you get. Popcorn.

dinner!

I do love popcorn, though. I could happily eat it every day. So on nights such as this, when Adam is out and I am feeding only myself, I often end up with popcorn. Yum!

My parents didn't get a microwave until I was in high school (maybe? this is fuzzy, but it was definitely late in the game), so I started my popcorn-making career trying to do it in a pot with oil. I never had much success with that method. It always burnt. It tastes good when people can manage to do it right, but I am not one of those people. But then came the air popper! And it was magic! When it came time to move out, I took the family air popper with me. It is the only way to go.

Airpop some popcorn, add some butter (which I can now happily melt in my cute little butter melter) and salt (fancy-pants salt is nice, but regular salt is good enough), and I am in solo-dinner heaven.

new-to-me butter melter

2 comments:

Savannah said...

i LOVE the butter pot!

dorie said...

I love a popcorn dinner! Your butter melter is adorable. I'm pretty sure I need one.